View Single Post
Sappykun
Old 01-14-2021 , 00:06   Re: VS. Saxton Hale Version 2 - v2.10.28 Dev
Reply With Quote #131

I decided to give the FF2 compatibility layer a spin, but it seems like there are a lot of missing natives.

Running EP_'s Koishi boss, it relies on three sub-plugins:
  • default_abilities.ff2
  • rage_overlay.ff2
  • powerlord_abilities.ff2
However, loading Koishi as a boss causes the following errors in the console:

Code:
[SM] Plugin freaks/default_abilities.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_GetFF2flags" was not found.
[SM] Plugin freaks/rage_overlay.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_GetBossTeam" was not found.
[SM] Plugin freaks/powerlord_abilities.ff2 failed to load: Native "FF2_GetBossIndex" was not found.
These functions are defined as stocks in freak_fortress_2.inc, but it seems none of these functions are recognized as natives, even when I try to recompile default_abilities.sp using the new include.

I can make these messages go away when defining dummy natives in modules/ff2/natives.sp, but unfortunately I am not proficient enough in Sourcepawn to figure out how to get these natives to use the defined stock methods.

Should these subplugins be able to find the natives they're looking for? Am I just doing something wrong with my setup?

-------------------

On a side note, I noticed that when adding characters in data/freak_fortress_2/characters.cfg, it always seems to chop off the last defined character. For example, when I have:
Code:
"Freak Fortress 2"
{
	"1"		"koishi"
	"2"		"metalgearrising_armstrong"
}
I only see Koishi. When I have:
Code:
"Freak Fortress 2"
{
	"1"		"koishi"
	"2"		"metalgearrising_armstrong"
	"3"		"whatever"
}
I see both Koishi and Armstrong as intended.