View Single Post
Lachaine
Old 01-04-2021 , 23:58   Kick players using VPN and warn them instead of system automatically banning them
Reply With Quote #1

Hello!

I do apologise in advance if I have done something wrong or not followed the correct format while making this post.

I am currently trying to find some sort of plug in for a TF2 server. Right now, when a player with a VPN joins, SourceSleuth automatically detects the VPN and then proceeds to ban said player for using a duplicate account. Even though this is great on paper, the reality is that around 3-10 or more people get banned everyday on the server from forgetting to turn off their VPN. Instead of having that, I’m looking for a plug-in where a player is kicked from the server if they are detected using a VPN and then given a message upon being disconnected (Ex: “Disconnected. Reason: Please Turn Off Your VPN!”). I’m not really a tech savvy guy but am eager to attempt to pick up and learn coding, plugins and such. Any idea where I could start or find someone or something to help me create this if it isn’t already a thing?

Again, I would like to apologise if I’ve come to the complete wrong place and have not followed the set posting guidelines.