View Single Post
Backup
Old 05-27-2018 , 10:47   Re: [EXTENSION] Late Downloads
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
1) Is it possible to implement StopDownload() method?

Because I'm getting "You have insufficient bandwidth" game engine message and get kicked from the server during map transition.
No. Modify the cvars to avoid being kicked:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backup View Post
Extension configuration
The extension exposes following cvars:
  • latedl_minimalbandwidth (default = 64) - Kick clients with lower bandwidth (in kbps). Zero to disable.
  • latedl_maximaldelay (default = 500) - Acceptable additional delay (in ms) when sending files.
  • latedl_requireupload (default = 1) - Kick clients with "sv_allowupload" = 0. Zero to disable.
Quote:
2) Can you hide or change msg err. level of:

because that msg spam with a LOT of lines in error log file.
To be honest, it is not informative; not sure admin needs that info especially in err. log together with a real errors raised by critical errors in plugins.
It's better to just display it in console as usual msg type, not an error.
You're free to modify the code as you desire.
Quote:
3) Also, during gameplay I got spam of such error with complete freeze of client:
After a while, my client is disconnected.

Edit. So, my client is constantly freeze if it download file ~ 10 MB. Maybe, you know some server Cvar, responsible for the size of max. bandwidth?
Maybe don't stream huge files over reliable channel. This extension was intended primarily for tiny files that don't need fastdl hosting.
Quote:
4) Does "Late download" extension has the code to kick players? O_o
Yes, see the top of this reply.
Quote:
5) Also, not sure is it important, maybe this error in client console go from your extension:
Probably. Do you know how to reproduce this error?
Quote:
6) Is it possible, extention not to spam with .ztmp files all over the server with every file it try to download to client? At least, it could clear it right after successfull downloading (or if file already exist on client side)?
No. You can write a plugin that will delete every ztmp it finds. I have no idea why would you want to get rid of these files.
Quote:
7) What .ztmp actually intended for?
What if several clients are trying to download the same file? (so, as I can see, extension will use the same .ztmp file name? and will fail?)
It is bzip2 compressed file. It is used to save bandwidth. I don't understand your second question.
Quote:
8 ) Is it possible somehow to increase download speed? For me currently it's like ~ from 2 to 7 KB/s. Terribly.
No. Re-think your use case. Either use smaller files or don't download them in-game.
Quote:
But, I think currently it's useless until you at least fix "kick players" issue.
I tryed to change server settings for max bandwidth:
It helped somehow, at least for me not to be kicked at map transition.
But other players get kicked even during gameplay.
See the top of this reply.