View Single Post
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 06-17-2013 , 09:18   Re: Replacing Matties Eventscripts with SourceMod
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElooKoN View Post
That is wrong, we are a hoster. We do not build on someone else's product, we have much work to do and we get the problems if anything does not work - if the server does not work, we are effective respondible for that and there is no difference between a Vanilla Server or a modificated server. We have to invest the money for supporters. We have to answer questions and write tutorials for customers they do not know what they do - because hosting is not only the installation of a service.

But thank you for the answers, as I see many people do not understand my intention. Currently we explicit (only) recommend SourceMod (and personally I donate for this project because I find it good).
you build on the operating system that its reliable and that you wont have downtime due to the operating system of your choice

you build on the server software provided, if a new update breaks the whole dedicated server its you who will be blamed for service downtime

you build on that sm and es are regularly updated, if they would break, 95% of the servers would close down, no point running vanilla servers