View Single Post
Anti Christ
Old 06-22-2010 , 01:35   Re: Metamod/Sourcemod for TF2 Beta?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bites View Post
There's no way to "prove it", considering there's hardly a difference between a pirated version of the tf2 beta and an official copy, except maybe a hurr durr u got this from csmania or something.

Aren't supposed to have it != can't have it. I'm sure valve realized they let the public run loose with SFM, but they obviously don't care considering they haven't said even one word about it. I've probably sent multiple emails to different employees at valve about SFM, whether they're aware or if they're fine with it, and none of them got a response. Either valve wants to stay neutral about the argument, or they just don't really care.
You can prove it. Show me the creation dates of the GCF containing the files for it. If it's from 2007, there's a chance you may have actually kept it. If not, you pirated it.

And aren't supposed to have it, means you shouldn't have it. Not that you can't. You are proof of this, because they didn't have to say anything to show they didn't want you to have it. They took the files out of the GCFs. But that's all they can do. They can't magically erase the files from everyone's computer. So if you had the files before, you still do. That doesn't make it right, or legal.