View Single Post
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 03-31-2019 , 12:06   Re: How to use Bash script to automate server hang repair.
Reply With Quote #5

Scroll to OP please. What you brought up is great. While the 3rd party feed approach is nicer than manually fixing a hung server. That was scrapped almost a decade ago with local services doing same feed also to favor the Zero-log method. When it got better? Luck. Simply installing Amxx 1.9.0 helped me find bad plugin and not need any script of the sort ever again. The 3rd party feed latency measuring needed a second check to assure it wasn't due to a map change and BAD needed to be 3000-5000 to be effective. Topple over I had at one point used 3rd party or any of a few of mine before performing pkill and long before switching to log file check. The local PHP was the fastest and the log file approach was the most reliable. Those same variances can happen on the LAN feed too. It amused me to see some sites are still running like that and it still works. We hope sites like that have more than 1 server 1 core budgets. Worse cases for more critical data are neither here nor there have happened.