View Single Post
BAILOPAN
Old 05-26-2004 , 04:11   Natural Selection module

This is an update notice for Natural Selection users.

With mahnsawce's permission I have split NS2AMXx into two portions. The first portion is engine specific commands - I have merged these into the normal ENGINE module.

The second portion is the actual Natural Selection natives and stocks. Most of these remained exactly the same, except all natives/stocks are prepended with "ns_".

This module is not the same as NS2AMX because it a)uses the AMXx API and not the 0.9.6+ API and b) is very stripped to NS specific functions. It will be upkept as an "official" module and mahnsawce can upkeep it too if he wishes too.

I heavily recommend NS plugin writers to use this module - and to give input/suggestions back on how to make it better.
Although no binaries are available (Because this is the new API) you can see the new source code here:

Engine source
NS2AMXx source

New Engine and NS2AMXx includes

Some important info:
I have not tested the stocks. If someone could verify that they compile/work I would be very greatful.

Some things I will not add the NS2AMXx or Engine module:
Registering plugin specific forwards for global things. This is unnecessary and there is no advantage (string comparison is the same if used in C or the AMX Machine - equal() is not written in Small). The 0.20 module API improves forward registering by providing a nice set of functions, so there are no other possible improvements. Global forwards have been moved to Engine.
Using mahnsawce's pev() native. This is because entity_set_* conforms to a nice naming standard and is easy to understand and deal with (except for a longer native name length).

Please give any and all feedback, NS users :]