View Single Post
joaquimandrade
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2009 , 11:54   Re: Place model\image\sprite in constant position on screen
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirant View Post
I don't think the hat plugin renders the hat to the player it's attached to. We'd have to spawn it as a world model which would look like shit. Really our only option is my c4 idea. I'll look at the fog though. I dun think the fog works correctly though. It seems that the model is a non-rotating sphere so either we make it rotate with them to block the view, or we just repeat the pic (dumb idea). I dun think sprites would be our best option unless... hmm, what about this. we can't use a traditional world sprite, but what like changing a clients sprite, weather using a model or just replacing a muzzle flash (like mdl replacer). I can replace sprites on guns but i'm not sure how effective it will be, it would take come experimenting.
The hats plugin renders the hat to everybody but, that we, coders, fix with code. It's easy. Forget the fog. It is done with messages. (But the concept is almost the same). Also forget the c4 idea unless you are just thinking to show it in the end of the round (But you won't need the c4 then). Anyway, my request is if you can make it to be used as an attached model. If you can, then i'll make the code to handle to make it visible to it's owner only.