View Single Post
Timiditas
Old 07-28-2009 , 22:38   Re: Automatic demo recording v1.3
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroibis View Post
Personally I think that the option for clearing the demos should be days as your not going to eat that much HDD in 24 hours.
I have now chosen hours for "sm_autodemo_ttl_hours". Default is 168, that would be 7 days. You can still go up all the way you like.
Quote:
As far as demo organization goes I assume that you must start a new demo every map change.
Yes, because the sourcetv bot is also disconnected on map change, and that automatically stops demo recording.
Quote:
However the easiest way to look up demos would be by time and thus I suggest the following name system: MM-DD-YY hh:mm-hh:mm map_name.dem Such a name system would force it so that users could easily organize files by date without halting to worry about their oc or something messing with the file info and then throwing the system out of whack.
I will add a cvarString, so anyone can choose their own formating rule by setting a string. Then the CURRENT default would look like this:
auto-%Y%m%d-%H%M-
for the prefix. However I think I'll make your suggestion the default.
Quote:
Also, I have a few suggestions for some future features:
auto sb_status -great feature for catching hackers!
For that, I'd need some help/testers. I don't have any experience with steambans, we don't use it. I don't even know what sb_status does
Quote:
ability to only record when players are on a team: this prevents recording if there is just one player sitting in spec with no one else in the server actually playing.
I have already implemented that as a cvar "sm_autodemo_ignore_spectators", coming with v1.4
The keyvalues handling is finished, I only need to add one or two lines for the file deletion commands. Then I can upload it. But now, I'll take a break. Its 047am. *yawn*