View Single Post
Larsen
Old 10-17-2011 , 20:26   Reinstalling from scratch
Reply With Quote #1

Our server's linux through gameservers, and I want to do it all over again. All the guides I found to do this either have the hlsupdatetool.exe for windows, or a bin file for linux and start from there. But I cannot run the linux bin file on this as it's a windows system. But I want to have all the base files on this sytem and upload that to the gameserver ftp first (alternate path) so that it's a smoother transition and our unit doesn't have to sit out without our server while we hit the 'reinstall' button through the gameservers.com UI. As you can guess, all the plugins through gameserver's UI are outdated so that's why I want to do this all from scratch on my windows machine first.

What am I missing? I didn't start the server, I was merely brought on to help so that's why I'm in the position I'm in. Would be most comfortable starting with the stock stuff and plugging in all the addons afterwards.

This is a DoD:S server btw. Should I just make a new directory on the FTP with slightly different path and run a batch file on there? How would I exec it on the ftp? Would like a little guidance is all and I apologize if this is a repeat.