View Single Post
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-24-2009 , 10:58   Re: Time limit enforcer
Reply With Quote #9

Strontiumdog, I've tried this plugin a couple of times on my TF2 servers. Whenever it is installed, all maps just end when the timelimit (mp_timelimit "30") is reached.

The default behavior on our servers without the plugin is that pl maps continue to the end of a round, ctf maps will go into overtime if an intell is out of it's starting position and cp maps will continue until a cap point is a solid color.

Since the default value for sm_forcetimelimit_enable is 0, I would expect that just putting the plugin on the server should not change the behavior describe above. Instead, with the plugin installed, when 30 mintues are up, no end of map scoreboard just bang map change.

I've tried putting sm_forcetimelimit_enable "0" into both the server.cfg and sourcemod.cfg files (seperately and at the same time, just to ensure it's getting read). Still after 30 minutes it's immediate map change.

I've created map specific configs in the /cfgs folder with the correct map names for toyfort, snofort, cyberpunk and mario_kart. The only thing they contain is sm_forcetimelimit_enable "1". This really doesn't matter since all maps end with the plugin installed, but at least these don't go forever.

I've been a programmer for years in other languages, but just starting to look at SM code. I was wondering, should there be an if (g_Enable) statement in all of the public functions, or at least in the MapChange one? I really don't know enough about timers yet to grasp if this would matter.

When you get a chance, could you please check into this? I'm a fan of a lot of your work and I'd really like to have this one kill the endless maps, but leave the others alone. Thanks!