View Single Post
meng
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2010 , 14:09   Re: [CSS] Throwing Knives
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
Ok, knife disapears after many seconds when you have throw it.
But when I played with bots they stuck on ladder and when I looked, there where knife stuck on wall... and doesn't disapear.
It appears when you walk into a wall (face lean ont the wall) and start throw knifes.
Knife are inside wall and not disapear.
I can see that happening now that you mention it. I need to make sure it doesn't spawn inside anything since it needs to hit something and make a sound in order to trigger removal. Will see what I can do. Thank you for quick feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
*Would there add cvar knife_disapear 1/0 ?
Knifes stay on field
- Can collect knife on ground/wall after throwin it ??
I have a version that does this. But it requires SDK Hooks ext. and doesn't work as nicely. I think its best to remove them. Having too many knives just lying around would eventually cause problems one way or another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouzAMenace View Post
Nice job meng sorry i couldn't ever finish it i just got burried work with school and work after you sent me your version to look at. Nice to see you released yours though. Aswell as added more to it nice!!
Thanks, it didn't seem like anybody else was working on it and I was still fooling around with it for a friend of mine. I thought this version without the need for an ext. would be a good release.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shustas View Post
So... on 32 slots server with all throwing knives around... Will than not give lag and all models jumping around problem?
Maybe somebody could give feedback on that. I kept that in mind when making this somewhat simplified version of the plugin. It should be ok, just need to fix the problem Bacardi mentioned.
I'm a lil' spirituous.
Send a message via Yahoo to meng