View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-11-2013 , 10:21   Re: [L4D,L4D2,TF2] BuiltinVotes 0.5.8 (2013-01-29)
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
Yeah I had seen that about nativevotes but wanted to give this one a try. So this extension doesn't work at all anymore? I get this:

Code:
L 09/10/2013 - 12:08:21: SourceMod error session started
L 09/10/2013 - 12:08:21: Info (map "l4d_hospital01_apartment") (file "errors_20130910.log")
L 09/10/2013 - 12:08:21: [SM] Unable to load extension "builtinvotes.ext": Could not find interface: IGameHelpers
L 09/10/2013 - 12:08:21: [SM] Unable to load plugin "FunVotes.smx": Required extension "BuiltinVotes" file("builtinvotes.ext") not running
L 09/10/2013 - 12:08:21: [SM] Unable to load plugin "builtinvotes_alltalkvote.smx": Required extension "BuiltinVotes" file("builtinvotes.ext") not running
L 09/10/2013 - 12:08:21: [SM] Unable to load plugin "builtinvotes_testvote.smx": Required extension "BuiltinVotes" file("builtinvotes.ext") not running

No I wasn't aware (any screenshots?). Maybe I just don't comprehend how this is supposed to work. Based on what I read, this extension and the plugin let you use the in-game vote panel instead of the sourcemod panel for plugin related votes, right? Or at least that is what I'm trying to do. If that's what it is, what I have to do? If it's not that, then I don't get it. I tried both the extension and the plugin, but I saw no difference (just the sourcemod vote panel).
BuiltinVotes and NativeVotes aren't drop-in replacements for the SourceMod voting system. They have their own commands... things like NativeVotes_Create instead of CreateMenu and NativeVotes_AddItem instead of AddMenuItem, etc...

Note that Yes/No votes will do nothing for NativeVotes_AddItem... L4D and L4D2 (and now CS:GO thanks to Valve meddling) only support Yes/No votes in their builtin/native vote screens.

The NativeVotes thread is supposed to have a guide for porting plugins from the SourceMod Vote system to the NativeVotes system in the second post, but it looks like I never wrote it (whoops).