View Single Post
Antithasys
Old 07-14-2009 , 13:15   Re: How To Get Approved

If you have a post (plugin) in this section please READ THE FIRST POST AGAIN. I am trying to go through all the posts here, started with 6 pages, and now down to 4, after going back up to 5 *sigh*. I am spending half the time telling people to do what is already posted here.

Most common mistakes:
  • You put a public cvar in your code, but not in your post's description section for public cvar.
  • You create a public cvar without FCVAR_NOTIFY.
  • Description fields are not filled in at all.
  • Illegal file formats... no .rar or .7z files.
  • Compiles on forums but you attach a compiled version. Do not do this if it will compile here.
For those of you who do not know, a public cvar is a console variable that you can create in your code to track your plugin. People usually do this with the version variable. Something like "sm_plugin_version". That is fine, but make sure it is not already taken, you have the proper flags assoicated with it, and you put it in your post's description section.

You are not required to make this, although it makes it work with the stat system and allows you to search for it on game-monitor to see who is using it. If you do make one, you have to follow these guidelines.

A post that has what it takes to be approved can be approved quickly.

When you think about asking a question... consider what have you tried?