View Single Post
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 04-30-2010 , 02:50   Re: Why trash Steamid Replacer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Say hello to VALVe. You can't fault SteamBans for using something that is designed as the only unique identifier of a Steam account.
You misquoted me. I said "developers of SteamBans", not "developers of Steam".

Anyway, of course you can. The steamid is changeable, so it was a bad decision to make a system based on this vulnerable id.

Quote:
Perhaps Valve should have never given out any SDKs for any of it's games. That would have solve the problem. But of course, this community wouldn't exist if that was the case. I kind of see it as "biting the hand that feeds you," but that is only my opinion.
I don't know where you're going with this. SteamBans is the problem, not Valve.

Quote:
Anyways, I think I will be done here because this 'he said she said' argument is pointless.
If participating in this thread bothers you, then perhaps you should take a few steps back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joaquimandrade View Post
They don't feed shit, they provide code with commercial restrictions so they always win. They wouldn't be half if they haven't provide SDK. Anyway, my plugin hurts them 0.
I think we're getting off-topic talking about Valve. The plugin does not harm anything. The only argument against the plugin that I can think of is that the plugin will accelerate the demise of SteamBans.