View Single Post
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2016 , 12:33   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame
Reply With Quote #5066

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
No doubt there, VALVe constantly breaks SM in Counter-Strike: Global Offensive but in case you have forgotten, our issue is with Counter-Strike: Source not CS:GO. CS:GO has its own built in GunGame MOD, Arms Race it is (limited maps, come to think of it, they took away all the new maps added over the years this past fall with an update, very disappointing).

If you look at our list of plugins, we only use a few other plugins on top of the GunGame, DM-Lite, HLStatsX and IncreaseNadeDamage. There were never any issue before the latest update of SM to 1.8, just like with CS:GO, some CS:S updates break SM maybe a few times a year. When we run into problems like this or if SM is totally not functioning, we update SM to the latest stable build.

Drives me crazy, was never this bad with HL1 engine. Ahhh the good old golden days!

Merry Christmas!
Yes, I understand you are running CS:S, not CS:GO. That is what I used to run when I ran a server. What I am saying, is that I believe that Valve seems to be purposely breaking SM plugins for CS:S when there are similar features in CS:GO, probably to get old-schoolers to say "Heck with it, I might as well go to CS:GO and save myself some headaches." Then again, my understanding is that some of the code is shared, so it may be that they are just patching CS:GO as they see fit, and the heck with CS:S. It sounds kind of sinister, but then again, they are in business to make money.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera