View Single Post
Slash The Mighty
Old 02-15-2021 , 09:28   Re: Need VPS Provider with Anti-DDoS protection
Reply With Quote #4

Maybe, maybe not.. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back in college when I studied Cisco networking, I accidently locked myself out of a router.. It took me days of non-stop research before I finally gave up and just reset it and re-did everything.
Then maybe 5 years down the road, while watching an unrelated blackhat video, I discovered these now old units had hardcoded admin credentials for a higher-than-me educated Cisco technician to log in and do remote support.

What I'm saying is that if that 0.0000001% world demographic just happens to play on your servers, and just happens to know how to break the system like that, I'd personally make them admin instead as it would be some super powerful friends to have. Consider it winning the lottery, as that type of information is worth hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars.
Plus the second that blackhat video was released, a lot of companies either upgraded equipment or had already upgraded anyways..

tldr: don't worry about it.

Last edited by Slash The Mighty; 02-15-2021 at 09:32.
Send a message via AIM to Slash The Mighty Send a message via MSN to Slash The Mighty Send a message via Skype™ to Slash The Mighty