View Single Post
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 04-24-2009 , 16:15   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1
Reply With Quote #385

msleeper, did you notice what I mentioned about the createtable.php script? I don't know how you've been able to get that script to function correctly before because you do not have default values set for the fields and you insert rows without setting any values to those fields. I'm no SQL expert so I don't know if you can have some configuration in your DB that allows that. Normally (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MSSQL) it does not.

Example... If your table the_table has fields text.varchar(256) NOT NULL and counter.int(10) NOT NULL, you can't just query "insert the_table (text) values ('something');". That query will fail because the counter does not have a default value set and it is not set in the query. You'll need either to alter the table so that the counter has a default value or allways have the query with all the fields like "insert the_table (text, counter) values ('something', 123);".

I attached the modified createtable.php in one of my previous posts. Never tried the script myself, since I altered the table manually.