View Single Post
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2010 , 17:30   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Self Help
Reply With Quote #8

Now that sounds like the long awaited "survivor upgrades" from left4dead 1 . Just thinking of the "knife". I do have some questions:

1. you define "new slot" and "new solt". What´s "solt" for ?

2. line 274: Timers[client]=CreateTimer(1.0/TICKS, PlayerTimer, client, TIMER_REPEAT); If TICKS = 10 the timer gets executed 10 times in a second ? I have some doubts this stuff is running lagfree as it reminds me of "restricted zones" for l4d1 which per default only checked 2x /second for all players (32 checks / second on a 16vs server) and the engine was lagging like hell. Can anyone confirm this plugin is working lagfree on non vanilla servers such as 8vs8 or 10vs10 ?

3. please rename "medkid" in the code to "medkit".
4. As far as I understood the code there is no limit about how often you can free yourself from a SI by using kit/pills. There´s a lot of servers running the !usepoints / !buy plugin where you can buy medkits/pills. So do I and I think it can become too easy for survivors to escape an attack. Sure, you could make medkit more expensive but then no one can afford it to buy and use it for healing...

May I kindly ask you to make this plugin configurable? Add convars for every selfhelp action. The convars manage how often you can use the appropriate selfhelp. Then it would be like "survivor upgrades" in Left4Dead 1 where for example the "knife", "self revive" or "ledge grab" could be used exactly once in a round, not permanently.