View Single Post
Kolaxie
Old 10-12-2021 , 09:49   Re: [warning] content stealers!!

Quote:
When you're uploading your boss to your server and making it fully downloadable (except configs, subplugins and their source codes) - you're making agreement, that it will become public, because these files will be downloaded to clients.

You can stay your plugins and configs at your server and it'll be private, but someone can recreate them.

If someone taking your files to make the same boss, that's means, that they're love it, is this bad?
Yes it's bad, because in the current drama, they are not made because the person like it but because the person want to tag it as his creation, which isn't love. (And also pretending the copy was authorized) And if the person really liked it, he would just log into the server and play with it.

Also, stealing this kind of contents can destroy a servers, because i'm pretty sure that a lot of people logs to certain servers because they like what THEY have. If we had a possibility to make these files impossible to get, trust me, you wouldn't be able to touch a single boss from most servers.

And about the plugins and configs, yes indeed, you can keep them private but someone can re-create these, but as i said, stealing these can be dangerous for a server or someone reputation, in the current case, someone made the exact same boss but just changing the model to pretend it's his own creation. Which isn't. The person didn't even took time to change the abilities name, which make it kinda obvious that the person wanted to steal the boss.

Quote:
No, you misunderstood me, you can't take something from me, because I did not allow. The thought is you're allowing to download bosses files (models, materials, sounds) by yourself. That's your decision
No i'm correct because under law, if you have taken something out of possession of the owner dishonestly or you can say without his permission, then it is said ‘theft’. Having private bosses is allowing everyone to see it and use it in a certain limit. (Which is the server he is in) Owner of these bosses didn't allow permission to re-upload or re-create these files.

Quote:
make a patent on you boss then and you'll be defended from plagiarism
Can you even imagine how long it would take? And how expensive it is? This is just crazy.

Last edited by Kolaxie; 10-12-2021 at 09:54.