View Single Post
enderandrew
Old 08-05-2020 , 03:59   Re: SourcePets v1.185 (Updated: 2015-03-15)
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya View Post
Tried all of the above ^^, works fine.
In Case you need it, i think i havent released my private Version of the Plugin yet, it fixes a few Bugs from the original Version and works with any Game instead of TF only.
I updated yours to new syntax. Yours isn't storing clientprefs/cookies. Not sure if that is by design or if you forked before it got added in the original. Original was up to version 1.85 and yours is 1.8 so that is possible. But I added in clientprefs/cookies. I also see you disabled the sound with a commend that:

//#define SOUND_SPAWN "ambient/machines/catapult_throw.wav" //Dosents exists in any Game

Then you disable the calls to play that sound. I suppose you could use an existing sound. I'm new to Source engine modding so I don't know what built in sound the engine has that might make for a good replacement. I'm going to try "items/spawn_item.wav"

Perhaps this is a stupid question but yours is named _particles but it is missing this line found in the original:

CreateParticle("ExplosionCore_sapperdestroyed ", pos);

Was that intentional?

Lastly, 1.85 had a fix to check for cloaked state to not give away spies and I added that to yours.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (pets_any_particles.sp - 176 views - 44.0 KB)
File Type: smx pets_any_particles.smx (24.0 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by enderandrew; 08-05-2020 at 04:02.