View Single Post
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2021 , 13:26   Re: Current map name edit in "find servers"
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
It was stated in a HLDS mailing list, see here. Also, there is nothing perventing this community from having the same or similar policy. The policy of truth is a good policy and there is no reason to not follow it.
some things are harmless and i don`t see why would harm anyone like
example
lets say i have some maps named de_dust2x2, de_dust2x3, de_dust2_snow and on, i want them to show as de_dust2, that wont kill anyone, plus maps can be renamed by file name, if someone don`t like it, they don`t have to come into my server, there are plenty of servers

if we think about truth, we shouldn`t change things like weapon damage, player speed and things like that, since it changes the game

i see that valve posted about that bots tags (they also stated they weren`t going to do anything about it) if i join a server, they can have fake ping for bots, custom names, they can even send chat msg, in 5 seconds watching them move i know it is a bot, if they make a rule thats its not allowed i will accept, but such things are harmless, all it will acomplish on that server is me not joining in anymore

Last edited by tarsisd2; 04-21-2021 at 13:28.