View Single Post
Proaxel
Old 04-18-2021 , 01:52   Re: Stripper:Source (Updated 2011-04-15)
Reply With Quote #1755

I decided to try adding my own objectives to existing L4D2 maps with Stripper, I started on a simple one in the c1m3 where basically a prop_physics in the form of an unbreakable door is now blocking the main path forward and the survivors need to take a small detour to interact with a button, that will unlock another button in front of the door, and then that using that button breaks the prop after a short delay. The problem is that when said prop exists, I get the "ERROR FLOW IS BROKEN" message and all the symptoms that come with that, (no commons spawning, etc). Besides that everything is working fine.

For those wondering, the door is in this part of the level:

This is how it was originally

I know the Sky competitive config, where I took inspiration from, added similar objectives via Stripper where there were now things blocking the way and survivors need to complete new objectives to clear them, and they had the flow working just fine. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found a workaround, I changed the prop_physics to prop_door_rotating and changed the inputs, outputs and flags accordingly, and it seems to work without breaking flow now.

Last edited by Proaxel; 04-18-2021 at 03:50.