View Single Post
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-18-2014 , 03:13   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #153

It's not immediately clear to me what the problem is, so I'm going to need you to get a core dump this time.
  1. Download and install the attached special debug build of SourceMod.

2. Verify that core dumps are enabled on your system by running the following command: sysctl kern.coredump

If core dumps are allowed, then the output should be similar to this:
    Code:
    $ sysctl kern.coredump
    kern.coredump: 1
    If this says 0 instead, then run: sudo sysctl -w kern.coredump=1

3. Verify that the /cores directory is writable by the user that will run srcds_osx. You can check this by running: ls -ld /cores

This should show which user and group owns the directory and the permissions on it. By default, it's owned by root and the admin group with read/write permissions for both. If the user that is running srcds is in the admin group, then you shouldn't have to alter permissions and can skip ahead to step 4.

If this is not the case, however, then please run: sudo chmod o+w /cores

This will give write access to all users. If you are in doubt about any of this, you should probably run the above command anyways to ensure the core dumps can be written to this location.

4. As the user you intend to use for srcds, run the following command (in a bash shell): ulimit -c unlimited

This will make sure you get a full core dump rather than a truncated one.

5. From the same shell as step 4, run srcds as you normally would and make sure the "-nobreakpad" option is added.

6. After the server crashes, send the core dump.

The dump file should be created in /cores and will be named core.xxx, where xxx will be the process id number for srcds that crashed. This will be a rather large file, so compressing it in a zip or bz2 file is highly recommended.

Since there may potentially be sensitive information contained in the file, either send this core dump to me at [email protected] or upload it somewhere and send me a link via e-mail or a private message on the forum.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sourcemod-ds-debug-mac.zip (3.71 MB, 88 views)

Last edited by DS; 06-18-2014 at 03:32.