View Single Post
ipek
Old 05-09-2017 , 00:01   Re: [SteamCMD][Linux] I guess there are issues downloading AppID 90 as of today.
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazar View Post
I am experiencing the same issue with "app_update 90 validate" on my Debian box. I guess, most interesting log file is content_log.txt I found suspicious the following records:

Code:
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 90 state changed : Fully Installed,
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 70 state changed : Uninstalled, (Missing configuration)
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] Uninstalled AppID 70 (Missing configuration)
[2017-05-08 12:07:30] AppID 90 scheduler finished : removed from schedule
I googled and found that Half-Life has steam id 70, I decided to simply try this:

Code:
steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 70 validate +quit
And got "ERROR! Failed to install app '70' (No subscription)". I tried "app_update 90" once again, but nothing changed. After that I somehow recalled this article. It describes a workaround for an old bug with "app_update 90" and there are 3 appmanifest files for that. And IDs are 90, 70 and 10.

I checked my steamcmd logs once again and found no mention of app ID 10. Googling showed that it's Counter-Strike. After that I mysteriously managed to install HLDS by doing this:

Code:
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 90 validate +quit
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 70 validate +quit || :
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 10 validate +quit || :
/opt/steam/steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /opt/hlds +app_update 90 validate +quit
Don't ask me why it works I have no idea. Maybe someone from this forum or steam/valve can shed more light on this issue and fix the root cause.
Yes. Resolved the issue by using the same fix by Daniel Gibbs.

I understand its logic. So, SteamCMD simply downloads the server files in chunks (part by part from about 5000 chunks). Probably some of them must be failed or our VM must've lost connections between chunk servers and SteamCMD never tries to re-install the lost chunks. That's why HLDS is installed malformed.

I had a look on Daniel Gibbs' fix. He just edits manifest files and changes the download stats to 0 as it's never tried to install. Finally, SteamCMD should reread those manifest files and when saw the stats are 0, it just re-installs the server and validates the downloaded content.