View Single Post
Jillchang
Old 01-06-2017 , 00:06   Votesystem Against Trolls Desperately Needed
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
There are a lot of votesystem plugins here, but there are a few issues that these plugins fail to overcome.

I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get some of you experienced coders to help the community by making a votesystem plugin or maybe even fix an existing one.

The main issue is that people can "dodge" votes by leaving when the votes are being held and rejoining after the vote fails (since troll is not in server at the time the vote passes).

A second issue is that it is considering a percentage of players in the voting total, including idle/afk players. So if there are a lot of afk players in certain servers, votes won't pass due to not enough votes.

If there is a way to somehow make votes pass even when players disconnect and make it so it counts votes out of total votes made, not total players in game, it would help so much.

I think a lot of server owners need this (as I browsed through plugin threads they have requested for help in fixing these issues) and it will really be one of those plugins that help any community fight awful players that try to ruin everyone's fun. Sure, admins are good too, but not everyone has enough admins that volunteer 24/7.

Here is the best vote system plugin so far:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2097623

This one fails to address the two problems I mentioned.