Thread: Old thread
View Single Post
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 06-16-2010 , 13:56   Old thread

This thread exists for historical purposes only, see the SteamTools forum for up-to-date information and discussion.

Very Short Summary:
Gives access to a select few SteamWorks functions for SourceMod plugins. For more info, look at the available functions in the include file.

Instructions:
Copy either the windows or linux binary to the extensions folder.

For Developers:
Put the include in scripting/include and the test plugin in scripting.
Compile the plugin and play.

There is almost no documentation at the moment, but it should be pretty simple to work out how everything works by looking at the names of the natives and how the testing plugin does things (and reading this thread) .

There is a list of all the stats and achievement names here and the program used to generate it here. Don't ask me anything about what each of them is, I have no idea, do your own testing. The only hint I have is Pyro.accum.iPlayTime = Max time playing as pyro and Pyro.max.iPlayTime = longest life as pyro.

I'll be adding more natives/forwards as they become available in OpenSteamworks and/or I decided whether or not their availability could be abused.

At the moment only Source 2009 games are supported.

This has been siting in the donor forum for a while now, finally had some time to work on it, added a few new things and decided to release it publicly.

This is still in early stages, only a beta.

Source code is available in a Mercurial repo here.
Note: If you want to compile the extension for yourself, you need to have OpenSteamworks available.

Last edited by asherkin; 12-07-2014 at 15:42.