View Single Post
PartialCloning
Old 04-30-2017 , 15:46   Re: Development Roundup and More!

Where did the other guy's comment go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
Must be easy to judge a community that you're not a part of. SourceMod isn't exclusive to CS:GO, and CS:GO's quirks/limitations would never halt SourceMod development.
What makes you think I'm not a part of it? Not posting in the sourcemod section isn't a good indicator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
It is.
I was talking to the sourcemod maintainers, if it's worth their time continuing the development of sourcemod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
I can assure you that we're perfectly capable of deciding for ourselves how to use our time.
Yeah, nowhere did I say you aren't capable but it seems like less and less players are focused on custom content and more into what valve provides such as operations and skins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Create one or more new MM:S plugins that just extend the VScript scripting API that already exists in the engine, exposing an admin API and whatever other functionality is missing. No existing scripts would work, but the base of the scripting API is a first-class citizen and would have a much smaller chance of breaking with a game update, as Valve would be maintaining the bulk of it.
What would be the draw backs to that approach? If I understood correctly it works alongside the scripting system for source2, but would it be limited to what the script allows?

On a side note can you allow github issues for amxmodx or would that have to go through Arkshine?

Last edited by PartialCloning; 04-30-2017 at 15:47.