View Single Post
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 09-22-2008 , 10:39   Re: AimBot Detection
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'd like for this plugin to be able to automatically randomly watch people and/or start watching players who's current game stats meet a defined criteria.
Thats a good idea and I'm open for anything. Not to contradict my previous post but maybe I can add an option to start watching a player when kill\death ratio is high, high accuracy, and high headshot count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I'd also like for the bot to be one team or another, as you currently have it, but show on the scoreboard as a spectator, so as to not arouse as much suspicion. I have my doubts if this could be done. I've messaged Orangutanz to see if he knows if it can be done.
I tried to combat this by having the bot on the server for a very short time period. Being on the scoreboard for only 2 seconds, especially right after the ?'able hacker gets a kill, doesn't leave much time to be noticed (by the hacker atleast). This 2.0 second time can definitely be lessened to a much shorter time since we are looking to catch a bullet the instant after a kill. Perhaps 0.5 to 1.0 second (or less)?

There may be a method of adding a bot without having an additional player on the scoreboard at all. I just don't know if any other method will still make an aimbot 'see' the bot as an actual player.

I also have to verify if Join\Leave messages are detecting the bot joining\leaving. If so, that's another issue.