View Single Post
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Location: The Cookie Jar... or Pullman, WA (Washington State University)
Old 02-21-2009 , 17:07   Re: How are non-steam servers illegal?
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Owyn. View Post
come on, this is America, FBI can close alliedmodders if they find "non" and "steam" words too close to each other in this forum, i think that's why
and i really see no reason why non-steam should be discussed here, if you are releted to it, just don't mention it, or it is your fault
No they would not have the authority to do that no matter what. A complaint would need to be filed by VALVe which if anything would result in a simple cease and desist letter. A lawsuit could never be filed under any circumstance for Copyright violations if a forum discusses something deemed "illegal" and in this case, the only way infringement would be possible is if we specifically linked to non-steam files or advised how to circumvent steam. By not doing that, there is nothing to worry about.

Talking about non-steam is not like discussing how to kill a leader, it's not illegal to discuss it...

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!