View Single Post
ChrisP
Old 05-30-2011 , 20:51   Re: [L4D2] Automatic Campaign Switcher (ACS) [v1.2.2 (May 21, 2011)]
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosxk View Post
Thanks for the bacon.

Map vote does work, but doesn't show up because i think the perks plugin overwrites it with its menu.

Also it would be awesome if you could create a player command "!nextmap" or similar.
This is the reason that I created the different CVars. You can use these to offset the time and the way to display the voting system to the players in those. Read the descriptions on them, in the original post and if you are still unsure, I'll be happy to guide you in the right direction.

There actually already are some commands for ACS that every player can use during the entire finale or Scavenge map to vote and whatnot.
  • !mapvote - Allows any player to vote and revote for the next campaign to play
  • !mapvotes - Displays to the player the current vote winner as well as all of the current votes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lömmels View Post
With ACS i got the same problem like with FMC.

I use custom maps on my coop server and on campaign change you see black/purple squares and the server kicks you off with that message:
Quote:
Host_Error: CMapLoadHelper::Init, unable to open maps/l4d2_ravenholmwar_1.bsp
map names are 100% right.

Any help??
If both FMC and ACS are having the same problem, then my suggestion is that you take out both plugins and see if changing the maps manually on your server back and forth still causes problems. My guess is that its actually custom maps on the server and not the plugins. I say this because a friend had the same problem on his server, but even after he reinstalled the server and put only sourcemod and metamod with no plugins on it, and then tried to change a custom map manually, the same missing texture(purple checker board) error happend to the players that were in the server when the map changed.

Just in case you don't know them, the commands I use are sm_map "map_name" or you can do changelevel "mapname". By the way, I am not sure what command FMC uses, but ACS uses changelevel. All that ACS does is change the map using the sourcemod command changelevel "levelname" at the appropriate time. So, if this command works manually then so too should ACS, if it doesn't, then neither will ACS.

Edited for further suggestions: If indeed it is the custom maps on the server that is causing the issue, then it is a possibility that someone simply messed up something in one of the maps that causes it to brake like that. I would suggest reinstalling the server with no plugins, to be safe, and then trying each map one by one and see if you can narrow it down and find out if this is the case. It is also a possiblity that it could be that changing custom maps using sourcemod commands while players are in the server is now broken because of a recent Valve Left4Dead2 update. I guess the next step there would be to contact them and hope that they fix it. Or perhaps, contact the SourceMod developers and see if there is something they can do.

Last edited by ChrisP; 05-30-2011 at 21:08.