Thread: Local server?
View Single Post
ZmBzRALIVE
Old 10-27-2017 , 01:22   Local server?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, so this is kinda a mod question cause it relates to using mods/plugins and such locally,
was just wondering if anyone knows anything about setting EVERYTHING up locally, from a MySQL server for the maps and plugins to running the server itself, as I want to run it as dedicated for my friends to play on.

I currently have Steam CMD and all that greatness already setup, I recently started working on the MySQL database and got almost everything working, the only issue is that I can't figure out how to connect to it via ftp like, I know it's local but I can't connect to the data base at all?

I get the error:

"Status: Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".
Error: Could not connect to server

and this happens even if I connect using "Only use plain FTP" Encryption like most say.
I've ran the "Network configuration wizard" and I get "connection closed prematurely" and "failed to create listen socket on port 0, aborting"

is it just because it's all local? and if so where do I go to sort the "root" files for setting up the server?

if there is any more questions or tips, I will answer them the moment I wake up, and thanks for everything guys