View Single Post
Peace-Maker
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-06-2012 , 18:13   Re: [EXTENSION] bzip2 Compression v0.0.2 (2011-12-29)
Reply With Quote #11

Hm, this is in regard to http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...0&postcount=12

After excessive logging there seems to be a stack corruption happening somewhere in here.
Sometime in the next calls after the file is compressed, usually in the plugin providing the ftp upload native, it's erroring out.

Log:
Spoiler

Error log:
Spoiler

The FTP_UploadFile native is called in the bz2 callback. I first thought it's been a problem with your tEasyFTP plugin, then thought it might be an issue with the cURL extension (that's why it's no longer teasyftp.smx but the ftp protocol in sp using the socket extension), but the error still persisted.

Now when comparing the timestamps, it seems it's getting weird in this bzip2 extension.
The only thing i've noticed with my limited c++ knowledge is a basic parameter count error in the forward creation (2 should be 4), but that didn't help too.
Maybe it doesn't like that i'm compressing a file every 10 minutes or in this example shortly in 1 minute?

No need to look at curl anymore;) Hope you've got some time to proof read for some subtle leaks?

Edit:
Are you even using the g_pAsyncCallback forward? Looks like you're just populating it - and do a direct call afterwards.
Another typo which might be causing this in the CompressFile native. you're casting the compressionlevel to a funcid ;)
I'll test and report back.

Last edited by Peace-Maker; 11-06-2012 at 18:36.