View Single Post
taansari
Old 12-28-2011 , 04:58   Re: My plugin does not load in linux
Reply With Quote #5

@Powerlord

Thanks for the tip. Apologies for the delayed response - you are correct samples do come with a MakeFile, but I didn't base my building via console - I initially decided to use some IDE that might mean lesser work on my side (because I'm comnig from Windows background so dont have detailed information in linux). After somewhat hassle, in start I used Code::blocks, but failure there. Now i've moved to Netbeans.

Experience with Netbeans, as far as compilation and user friendliness is concerned, is much better as compared to Code::blocks in a view (just made the switch and hour or two ago).

^^ saying this just for the record, so it might help someone as newbee as myself...
edit: also saying above since Netbeans took care of the -m32, and fPIC flags automatically that I had to specify specifically in Code::blocks after bit of reading on net.

Coming back to the topic, I tried to compile the stub_mm plugin that comes as a metamod sample plugin. Same error is there. I tried building this plugin under netbeans, and as result either i get the above segmentation fault, or BADF after launching server.

So I'm thinking there might be some problem elsewhere, maybe I should just trash my 64bit linux and build on a 32bit linux OS...?

Do you have any suggestions, please?

Last edited by taansari; 12-28-2011 at 05:00.