View Single Post
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-16-2015 , 03:49   Re: Galileo Reloaded v1.0-alpha2
Reply With Quote #6

I'm not sure to like you stole an existing plugin, modifying to your own taste, adding minor features, removing others things because you don't have the knowledge to understand and edit code without even caring about people using original Galileo, and that you probably did not contact original author about this as well.

I think there are three possibilities:

- If Brad is no more active, it's possible to take over the plugin, then you should first try to contact the original author, and then you could post a new version, and asking an Approver to unapprove the original one. Doing that implies you know what you're doing, you keep the original title and that you need to keep in mind backward compatibility, so renaming things, breaking original behaviors or removing feature arbitrarily are obviously not something you should do.

- If you want just to make a totally new mapchooser, based on Galileo, to no reinvent the wheel, that it, it's okay as long you name it differently and that there are enough major changes to be considerate different of the original. Then you could do what you want with it

- If you just want to provide minor changes like you did here, but you don't want to take responsibility to take over the plugin, then you should post in the original thread.

I understand what you're trying to do, but considering you don't have much knowledge in pawn, and the way you're doing things, this is not helpful. Choose what you want to do, and do it properly please.

Last edited by Arkshine; 10-16-2015 at 04:09.