View Single Post
ZwipZwap Zapony
Old 07-21-2016 , 12:19   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 1)
Reply With Quote #14

So today when making some Custom Weapons 2 weapons, looking up attribute plug-in posts for documentation on said attribute plug-ins led me to find this, through forum signatures on said attribute plug-in posts for CW2.
Naturally, I quit my server, updated SourceMod to the latest stable version, uninstalled CW2 and related attribute plug-ins, downloaded and installed this instead, and wanting to go with the future, I disabled the CW2 modules, enabled the CW3 modules, rewrote my weapon configurations to work on the CW3 modules, and now I get some errors in the server console whenever a weapon is equipped (which includes just going to the re-supply cabinet).

These are the errors I get, once every time a weapon is equipped:
Spoiler
No, I don't have any weapon configurations referencing that plug-in nor its attributes. The active modules are "cw3-attributes" and "cw3model-application", and the active attribute plug-ins are "tf2attributes", "aw2attrib", "basic-attributes", and "rays-attributes", of which "tf2attributes" is in sourcemod/plugins, and the latter three are in sourcemod/plugins/cw3/attributes.

If the errors are related to me not having the CW2 modules active, that should really be looked into. If not, it should still be looked into, of course.
(Edit: I forgot to test if these errors also show up when equipping weapons without equipping any custom weapons.)

Besides those errors in the server console, everything seems to work perfectly fine. There's only one thing I could wish for... Fresh, new documentation. Mostly on the attribute plug-ins included in the opening post's attachment, but also on weapon configurations. The only time "nobots" is even mentioned is in the example weapon configurations. Who knows what other stuff is there noone knows about, because it's just not documented anywhere outside the plug-in code itself?

But again, besides that, everything works perfectly, just like with the original CW2. I really appreciate people taking their time to develop plug-ins like CW2, and other people taking their time to make said plug-ins even better.

Last edited by ZwipZwap Zapony; 07-21-2016 at 12:21.