View Single Post
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-09-2009 , 13:37   Re: TF2 Stats With Web Ranking and Item Logger
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthNinja View Post
Just to address your post in more detail:
I'm planning on adding a check to the plugin so that any 'users' with the steamid "bot" will be ignored. That should prevent anything to do with bots showing.

The map points and frankly the whole map page could be done away with as far as I'm concerned.
I have yet to work on it due to working on various *ahem* -user specific- errors.

The webrank triggers (as far as I know) are intended to open a MoTD window ingame and show your respective stats page.
I don't really see the point/need for it at all, so I have it set rather low down the list.
Note: If you have them disabled, or if the URL is not configured in the rankings config file the commands will not work correctly.

I'm planning on working on the item stats and item javascript next, barring any more errors or that sort of thing.
DN,

Thanks for your reply.

I agree with you on removing the map page completely as it is, or having it replaced for something else that is still about maps.

I don't know if you intend to emulate some other stats trackers and I don't want to assume that you are, thus creating more work. If you are open to that, then maybe at your timing, you make it known you are open to features involving such effort and when you'll take on the requests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCE_Ghost View Post
Hey Darth I hope I dont add any stress to his I only am trying to help when I can.

The Webrank I will work on and I see a nice add to the motd, its to mimic hlstats. I will work on it over the next few days I know its something simple.

In case there is confusion, is it that you providing changes or improvements to DN to use and implement or just making them available for him to use?

I partly read this as you're involved, which is not a problem, but making sure obtaining the "latest" version from the OP must be maintained. Meaning I hope ppl are not having to scour the thread to piece together a version. Really, really do advise against that.

As for helping the user-errors related to connecting to mysqls, webserver, gameserver, etc. You can simply ignore the posts. ;) Already though there is more than sufficient posts explaining what to do, thus use links to them, rather than keep repeating posts on what to do.

Not to brag, but Ghost and eraserhead thought this was helpful, so keep using it and/or the posts by DN. Don't keep reinventing the wheel. ;)