View Single Post
Infamanious
Old 05-22-2022 , 05:47   Re: HLDS times out after refreshing to many times
Reply With Quote #15

Performed more diagnostics with an AWS windows vm. I can confirm my ip is still publicly available and displays on the public server list even after my current issues. The problem for my host machine ( my computer thats running hlds) is i can't refresh my server under the 'view server info' dialogue box more than 5 or 7 times without the server timing out on my end. Then the server will no longer display on the server list however i can still connect to that external ip through the console via connect external:port. Im guessing this is only possible because im technically connecting to lan considering my lan ip is displayed under status in console. In the AWS vm the server is listed even though its unlisted on my machine. In order to resolve the server list issue on my end i have to either restart my server and wait or change my port number ( changing the port resolves the issue immediately).... same weird problem happens with my fastdownloadurl. I cant download from that but the AWS vm can.

Last edited by Infamanious; 05-22-2022 at 05:49.