View Single Post
pabertay
Old 10-09-2023 , 06:35   Re: After clean install of server, I'm being told it's out of date...
Reply With Quote #7

Thanks for the quick reply and clear instructions.

I wonder would you know how to use steamcmd to download the beta branch? This community guide for Insurgency has a '-beta' flag in the steamcmd 'app_upgrade' line, e.g. 'app_update 222880 -beta beta validate'. My guess here is 'beta' is the name of the beta branch intended for download.

So for CS:GO I imagine you'd use something like 'app_update 730 -beta 1.38.7.9 validate'. I have tried this and something is downloading, but since I took a blind guess at the beta branch name I suspect I'm just downloading the regular CS2 client. I hope this make sense.

Do you have any suggestions? I could try the full name of the beta branch from the dropdown menu in the Steam 'Beta Participation' menu, but as I'm not overly familiar with using command line I ask how would I write that?

Would it be: 'app_update 730 -beta "csgo_demo_viewer - 1.38.7.9" validate'?

EDIT: After a bit of digging it looks like I should use 'app_update 730 -beta csgo_demo_viewer validate'. I will report back if this works.

Last edited by pabertay; 10-09-2023 at 06:51.