View Single Post
MeTiu
Old 06-15-2020 , 09:27   Setting up multiple CS:GO servers
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,

I'm working for local tournament platform and recently we started to discuss CS:GO server hosting in our office. We will need these servers primarily for our online tournaments or as public cw/tg servers which can be accessed through reservation,so 13 slots max but we are also interested in actually hosting couple of modded servers with 32 slots.And...well...this will be my first server build and setup so I might be totally clueless in some areas.

I tried to research the topic of HW requirements for CS:GO server but I wasn't really successful.I only found out that for 1 server with source game like this you usually need 2 threads with speeds as high as possible and atleast 4GB of RAM per server...and also some hardware space.

Currently our setup will/could be:
AMD RYZEN Threadripper 2950X 16c/32t with 3,5GHz
64GB RAM (possible to go for 128 if needed)
1TB M.2 NVMe as storage

...internet speed is not an issue -> 900Mbps upload in the office.

What I'm asking is:
How many 13slot servers/How many slots could this machine handle?
What is the best approach to multiple servers on one machine without using VM?Does OS choice matter?
What is the best way to automate website-server communication and configuration,for result tracking,server configuration(pw and team names/flags),Ebot(or something better) and so on?
Is using an AMD cpu for cs:go server an issue?I read somewhere on steam forums that AMD has problems with 1000fps servers.

I know I might sound like "hey,just do all my work for me" but in reality,I just want to be pointed in the right direction

Thanks a lot in advance!

Edit: Servers will be 128tick,ofc

Last edited by MeTiu; 06-15-2020 at 09:28. Reason: additional info