View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2022 , 00:01   Re: Deagles' Map Manager v3.25Beta
Reply With Quote #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamanious View Post
Removing a map from the maps directory (bsp, and place it in a renamed directory for easy access later) also removing the corresponding map name from the mapcycle file as any other maps.txt file. For Deags map manager there is the mapcycles.txt file and the allmaps.txt file in the plugins i believe.
Edited the hardcoded line to alot for the amount of maps on our server to 900.
I couldn't find any fundamental reason why a large number of maps would cause any major issues other than maybe a little lag when it's trying to loop through the long list. So, I was starting to wonder if the server itself is having issues. What happens if you leave all the maps in the maps directory and just remove it from your mapcyclefile?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusTGo View Post
I guess you don't need to remove the map from the maps folder, since it will be ignored once it gets removed from mapcycle file.

PS: The discord invite link on your profile is invalid, I don't know if you are aware or not but thought I would tell you anyway lol
This plugin does scan the whole maps directory but only to make the allmaps.txt file if it doesn't already exist. I find it unlikely that this would cause any issues since it's ignored most of the time.