View Single Post
swiftswing1
Old 08-29-2021 , 10:17   Re: [L4D2] Switch Upgrade Ammo Types (1.4) [17-Aug-2021]
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
When you have this issue, is there for example 50 fire bullets loaded and you can't switch to normal ammo or explosive and also cannot reload?
yep, that appears to be the issue exactly: can't reload or switch ammo types until you expend your current upgraded ammo clip, then you reload to your normal ammo but your reserve is empty. your second upgraded ammo clip also disappears.
i can also confirm that reloading the plugin fixes the issues (i believe all of them). though, i had to reload it every time i switched to a different survival map.

additionally:
  • i've found that reloading the Save Weapon plugin also fixes the initial issue i've been having! just once when i load into the server (not on server start it seems) or if it wasn't the last plugin i'd reloaded. i also don't have to reload this plugin after campaign switches or map transitions.
  • i've just realised it might have been able to work this entire time... eep! in any case, i appreciate your time on the fixes. it's not exactly practical to keep manually reloading plugins, but at least i know they work. though, i'm wondering if there's a better way of going about this (at least for the Save Weapon plugin)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
I'll look into fixing all this when I can, the code is complicated and I don't have much time to sit through debugging it, but I will do when I can.
understandable - at your own pace! until then, thank you for your continued support and help!