View Single Post
Arkarr
Veteran Member
Old 07-16-2019 , 15:15   Re: [ANY] ASteambot - Arkarr's Steam bot
Reply With Quote #912

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Context:

The goal is to have a way to retrieve steam ids of every connetect player on ark servers. With regular Steam API you can only get steam name. My goal is to have a way to get that list of steam id and save inside a Mysql/Redis server for processing(the plan is to send an alert on Discord when an enemy come to our server)

Now, I thought of your bot after saw this old answer on SO. Looks like this is the only way to get is to use a steam bot.

About your question, even output the player list in a log file is enough with timestamp associated. If your bot can do this I would happy to use and send a donation, you resolved a problem i'm strugling for so many time.
Yeah, I'll do that tomorrow.

Quote:
Hello,
ist it normal that i have to Put in a SteamGuard Code at EVERY login of the Steambot?
Yes, it is. Because you didn't link steam guard to ASteambot. To do that, write 'help' in ASteambot console. Then, you will see a command called 'linksteamauthenticator', once it's done, it will generate a file called [BOT-STEAM-USERNAME].auth wich contains all the details to generate a steam code = lossing this file or get this file stolen = you lost your steam account. You won't have to enter the steam code manually tho.