View Single Post
geipoe
BANNED
Old 02-11-2018 , 09:22   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
The client isn't the cause of the crash. It's the map's fault.

Simply because there's no stringtable dictionary on some maps in some custom campaigns. The crash doesn't occur when the map is loaded with players. It happens when someone TRIES to join the map when there ARE other players.

Once that someone connects, the server tries to write a new stringtable in the (non-writable, maybe?) .bsp file but since it is already packed, the server has no other choice but to abort the process and force crash.

There is three ways to fix this, though. Either:
  1. Manually type "stringtabledictionary" in the server console (but you need to restart the map after this),
  2. Add "-stringtables" in the server's launch parameters, or;
  3. Set "stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries" convar to 1 to let the server create a stringtable automatically while the custom map is being loaded.
Thanks for the help,i will try it this way.
With the 1st way:
stringtabledictionary
############################################# ########################################
Can't recreate dictionary for maps/bha01.bsp, file must be writable!!!
############################################# ########################################
The 2nd and 3rd way seems have no effect,it still crash the server when a new player join.
Maybe i should just delete this kind of bad maps.

Last edited by geipoe; 02-11-2018 at 10:42.
Send a message via ICQ to geipoe Send a message via AIM to geipoe Send a message via Yahoo to geipoe