View Single Post
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2016 , 17:35   Re: [Editor] Sublime AMXX-Editor v1.9
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresie View Post
This is getting ridiculous, a bunch of programmers around here, yet we still have to resort to this kind of things instead of creating a new editor for amxx/sourcemod... just saying, don't kill me lol
Creating a new editor solely for AMX Mod X and SourceMod is a horrible idea (hence why AMXX Studio has failed and Arkshine stopped development of his Notepad++ fork).

The proper solution is to extend the current functionality of existing source code editors (preferably the one that you like best) because AMX Mod X and SourceMod are still just text-based languages that are extremely similar to other languages. I.e. there is nothing that AMX Mod X and SourceMod have that require any extremely special functionality.

If an existing source code editor is unable to accommodate custom languages then it's probably not a good general purpose source code editor. Personally, I've never needed more functionality from Notepad++ than I could add using the existing extendability features (user-defined languages, plugins, etc.).

Last edited by fysiks; 09-04-2016 at 17:36.