View Single Post
Potato Uno
Veteran Member
Old 08-13-2015 , 12:00   Re: Mann Vs Tank (Update! 2015-31-07)
Reply With Quote #106

I never said I had an issue with stripper source. In fact, I have it installed on all of my servers (but it doesn't do anything at the moment). Stripper has a map entity dump command so you can make it dump all the entities on a map to a log file, which is more preferable than dealing with bsp decompilers. That's what I was referring to.

Also thanks for your giant tutorial. I'm going to read it over now.

EDIT: The only thing I didn't understand was the degrees part (the 90 + 93 = 183 part). I understand you're using it to offset the mvm arrow on the hud so it doesn't point in the wrong direction.

Quote:
Example: if the control point is directed to 90°, but my arrow need to be directed at 183°, then you need to add 93° (90+93=183)
How do you know what angle the cp is directed at, and how much you need to deflect?

You said to enter z, and z = x + y. How do you figure out x and y? (In the example you gave, x = 90 and y = 93.)

That being said, I'm going to toy around with this in the future (no set date), and if I manage to get it to work on a custom pl map I'll write my own tutorial as well.

Last edited by Potato Uno; 08-13-2015 at 12:08.