Thread: Downtime Over
View Single Post
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-24-2011 , 20:07   Re: Downtime Over

No doubt this has been looked at (I've brought this up in IRC in the past. I didn't have much to answer, though. Hopefully someone else can add to this, I personally hate hosting websites). Why not take a look at another webserver? Apache hasn't been king for a while (hell, ages). Considering the AM box is hosting at the very least Seven websites. I, among with many others have had much better success using Lighty instead of Apache (although I've never tested it on anything of this magnitude before). Cherokee seems to be the next runner up, surpassing Lighty and NGINX. Then there's LiteSpeed, but it isn't free (well it is, but the free version is crippled) so who cares about that.

Sure, Apache is easy to configure. However, when you're running a lot of websites. At the end of the day you may as well go the extra mile and just get the configuration part over with. Take the SourceMod approach over using Mani Admin Plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaTony View Post
The fact Bailopan spent so much time doesn't make him untouchable. All humans do make errors.
The only error Bailopan has made was stating that he's asking for less money then is actually required to run AM monthly. There's no Zionist conspiracy going on, which has been stated a number of times now.

Last edited by KyleS; 01-24-2011 at 20:12.