Thread: [CS:S] VIPMod
View Single Post
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 01-10-2011 , 00:47   [CS:S] VIPMod
Reply With Quote #1

Uh, what is this?
This is a recreation of L.Dukes VIPMod for MM:S which was compiled against the EP1 version of CS:S. Let me start off by saying I had no access to his source, and the last time I played this was over three years ago. I've tried my best to go by memory and added some printouts saying who killed the VIP and such.

Awesome! I wanted to play this again! But... I don't see any new maps for it.
This is compatible with the exact same Maps that were available to the old VIP mod (I know a couple have stability issues such as as_tundra, but that was the case on EP1 as well). Feel free to create more using the existing cvar scheme. Or, if you want to take another approach, by all means post in this thread and I'll gladly add support for it.

What are the cvars? I want to configure this!
Sure!
The configurable CVARs are:
vip_forceload - Enables forced loading of VIPMod.
vip_gamedescription - Enables the changing of SRCDS's gamedescription.
vip_vocalize - Is the plugin going to be silent or not. (if I missed something, let me know.)
vip_vipmodel - Path to your own VIP Model.
vip_vipweapon - Weapon given to the VIP.

The CVARs that typically shouldn't be touched are:
vip_escapezone - First Escape Zone
vip_escapezone2 - Second Escape Zone
vip_teleport - VIP Teleport zone, only if the map wants to do this.

The static cvars are:
vip_gamemode_version - Game Version

I want to change the VIPs Model, the stock one is terrible.
Go for it. As of version 1.2.1 you can create a file in /addons/sourcemod/configs/vip/Models.cfg and have the files inside that folder added to the Downloads table. The same can be done with Sounds.cfg and Decals.cfg, each doing their respective adding and precaching. After adding the files required for clients to download, simply change the cvar vip_vipmodel to your new model.

Well, this is cool and all but I want to change certain bits of it and release my own build.
Please, don't do this. I will gladly add your changes, and of course add you to the list of credits. Just post them in the thread.

Alright, my error logs are filled with crap! You're absolutely terrible!
Sorry, I tried my best to ensure this was error free. You're one of the lucky ones that found an error. File a bug and I'll get to it as soon as possible.

I want to request a feature!
Sure! File a bug at my GoogleCode repository (Priority: Enhancement).

Installation Instructions
Drag and Drop the Base archive into your cstrike folder.
Grab the plugin (VIPMod.smx) -> Place in \addons\SourceMod\Plugins\
Grab the Gamedata (plugin.VIPMod.txt) -> Place in \addons\SourceMod\Gamedata\

The forums say "Plugin Failed to compile, contact the author"! What's going on?! :@
You need SDKHooks, the plugin will NOT compile on the forums at the time of this writing.

Team Score doesn't work!
Uh huh. For it to work you need a SourceMod version greater then 1.3.7-hg3097 or 1.4.0-hg3197

I want an Archive with Maps and everything else I'll need to run a VIP server!
You've got it. Here's an archive with everything you'll need: http://vipmod-css.googlecode.com/files/Package.rar
L.Duke originally made the archive. I just replaced his mod with mine and removed the included installation readme.

I want to show support for this mod, how can I do so?
Well, I've created a Steam Group, lets try and bring this mod back.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/VIPMod

THIS MAKES MY SERVER CRASH! FIX IT NAO!
Well, hum. Nothing I've done should crash your server. If you're convinced this plugin is causing crashes. Install Accelerator and file a bug at GoogleCode. Chances are it's outdated gamedata, if an update was just pushed. The code is probably still valid, just you need the new offsets/signatures.

WHERE'S YOUR SOURCE! I DON'T SEE IT!
You're one of those people eh? Well, I am too. Sourcecode is fully available via GoogleCode.

Credits
Asherkin - Told me to use UserMessages to prevent the initial round radio messages.
Blodia - His VIP Snippet for showing who's the VIP on the scoreboard (Should be a Blue Clock).
Brian - Being an Awesome tester.
GoD-Tony - Filing bugs and providing fixes for some rather serious flaws.
Haplo - Being an Awesome tester.
Javalia - Addressed some logic bugs (disastrous ones) on the Rewrite.
MatthiasVance - Showing me that my comprehension skills regarding syntax are rather weak (lol). Math always wins.
Psychonic - Helping me around 8? months ago to get a working loader for this (keeping me from using a moronic method), and for uploading the Full Server Archive onto his server.
Ray - Idling so I could test some features that required multiple players to function.
Rhelgeby - Showed me how to use the Volumetric features in Zombie:Reloaded (8 or so months ago). Without this, there would be no area detection so the VIP would be unable to escape.

L.Duke
- Without his original work in recreating this forgotten game mode in 2006, this would not exist today.
All of the Map/Material/Model creators - Without you guys, this mod would be absolutely useless.
Attached Files
File Type: txt plugin.VIPMod.txt (303 Bytes, 6496 views)
File Type: zip Base.zip (2.18 MB, 8584 views)
File Type: cfg Models.cfg (675 Bytes, 5801 views)
File Type: smx VIPMod.smx (17.9 KB, 5074 views)

Last edited by KyleS; 03-02-2011 at 15:30. Reason: Updated credits.