Annotate your game world: place inspiring messages, help newbies find that well hidden side route or just humiliate your opponents.
- sm_annotate <time> <message> - Creates an annotation that lasts for a specified time (-1 for infinite) (Flag: Chat)
- sm_deleteannotation - Deletes the annotation where you're looking (Flag: Chat)
- sm_annotate_version - Version
- sm_annotate_min_dist - Sets the minimum distance that an annotation must be from another annotation (default: 64)
- sm_annotate_view_dist - Sets the maximum distance at which annotations will be sent to players (default: 1024)
- Complete rewrite
- Annotations will no longer repeatedly fly in to the screen
- An annotation will no longer block other annotations being placed after they've disappeared
- Client console is no longer spammed with sound errors
- Numerous other improvements and tidy-ups
- Fixed an issue where annotations would not last longer than 10 seconds
- Changed the args on sm_annotate to <display time> <message> - You no longer need quote marks around the message when it's longer than 1 word.
- Binded sm_deleteannotation to its correct command
- Fixed an issue where annotations would not update when there were fewer than 5
- Added sm_annotate_min_dist - Sets the minimum distance that an annotation must be from another annotation (default: 64)
- Added sm_annotate_view_dist - Sets the maximum distance at which annotations will be sent to players (default: 1024)
- Annotations are no longer sent over the network when no one can see them
- Annotations are now processed in batches of 5, once per second
- Annotations can no longer be placed within 64 units of each other
- Annotations can now be deleted with !deleteannotation (!deleteannotation_perm for the SQL version)
- Annotations now refresh every 5 seconds, if the annotation is not in the client's LOS or within 1024 units, it will not be displayed.
- Fixed an issue where only one annotation would appear at any given time.
Spaz & Arg for the positioning code - Taken from [TF2] Pumpkins