View Single Post
slmclarengt
Veteran Member
Location: The Cookie Jar... or Pullman, WA (Washington State University)
Old 12-02-2007 , 14:18   Re: New Hard Drive, but old data
Reply With Quote #8

I did get Vista 64 and XP 64 working concurrently. Heck right now I've got two versions of XP 64 running (Old version on Maxtor drive + New version on WDC drive) but I will probably format my old Maxtor then resave information to it but delete the Operating system so as to save myself time and headaches in bootloaders :-)

Also, I'm disappointed in my WD5000AAKS (model # for my WDC drive) because it claims to be a Windows Experience Index of '5.9' yet mine only checks out to be 5.7. I just checked Newegg to see if that's where I found the 5.9 info but it seems not, here's my hard drive on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136073

Wow, I got it for $99.99 + Free Shipping and No tax, now it's a "special holdiay deal" at $114.99 + $6.14 shipping, hmm bad deal now in comparison :-)

Might as well get the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 drive with 32MB cache if in the market for a hard drive.

@ Baller again - I use VistaBootPro actually usually and I like it, I can load the "legacy" bootloader (XP) or Longhorn (vista) and force the loader to install. I can manage OS entries, it's quite good too.

Slmclarengt

Come play WC3:FT on BnD Clan Server! You know you want to: Connect to WC3:FT BnD - go ahead click me!